Saturday, January 9, 2010

About do cellphones work from Chicago to the Bahamas

Do cellphones work from Chicago to the Bahamas?
My boyfriend is going on vacation to the Bahamas and I am still in Chicago. Someone told us that they don't work, but that does not make any sense to me. Clarity?
Bahamas - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Well They will still work. I have used my cell phone in many different country Bahamas being one of them. But before it will work in another country you have to call your cell phone company and tell them you want it to be able to work in other countries. There is no fee for this other than a per minute price when using it in another country. But once you get to the Bahamas you won't be able to set that up. But do it before you go and you will be all set.
2 :
It should still work, just that the calls will be really expensive. Contact your phone company before you go, they'll give you better details and what to expect. That's something I have to do, I'm going to the Caribbean in less than two weeks, but I'm planning on not using my phone. Have fun on vacation!
3 :
It will depend on the service provider. Sprint , ATT and Tmobile work. NOT the others. He'll need to sign up for international service before he leaves.. (Some Companies have agreements with the bahamian governement to use their service towers and some don't.) Rates run approx $2.29 - $2.99 per minutes both outgoing and incoming. ( and missed calls that are sent to voicemail as well). Even texting is expensive.. you'll pay $.25 - .45 cents per txt. Best thing to do is NOT use the cellphone.. I recently had a bill for $445 for just one week of ordinary use. Find a way to live without hearing his voice every day.